In search of the best battery-powered backpack leaf blower for your lawn care business? Look no further. We have reviewed the top 5 models on the market, including the RYOBI RY40440, Greenworks BPB80L2510, EGO Power+ LB6504, and Greenworks BL80L2510 80V. Our guide covers the power, weight, battery, and run time of each backpack leaf blower to help you make an informed decision. Find the best fit for your needs and budget today.
Do you own a lawn care business and are looking for the best backpack leaf blower? If you do, you probably already know that it’s a cumbersome, time-consuming job to clean leaves off of your client’s properties. But what if there were an easier solution? What if I told you there was a backpack leaf vacuum that could make this job much quicker and easier for you?
If this sounds familiar, don’t worry. There is a solution. We’ll be talking about the best battery-powered backpack leaf blower that you can buy for your home. If you want to learn more about a leaf blower, and need some help choosing the best product, then keep reading.
- BEST OVERALL: EGO Power+ LB6002 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: RYOBI RY40440 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- UPGRADE PICK: Greenworks BPB80L2510 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- BEST LIGHTWEIGHT: Oregon BL 300 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
1. RYOBI RY40440 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 145 mph / 625 cfm
- Weight: 17.8 lbs
- Battery: 40V / 5.0 Ah
- Run time: 47 minutes, 31 seconds
A lot of power, ease of use, and super quietness are all hallmarks of the RYOBI RY40440. In addition to its backpack style, this leaf blower from RYOBI has a pivoting tube and ergonomic handle like professionals use. A brushless motor allows for impressive airflow, making blowing leaves a breeze.
- Top-rated battery life with tons of power.
- Cruise control and variable speed.
- Straps and handles are adjustable.
- Very quiet
- Battery-powered blowers tend to be heavier.
- Maneuverability can be challenging.
2. Greenworks BPB80L2510 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 145 mph / 580 cfm
- Weight: 11.6 lbs
- Battery: 80V / 2.5 Ah
- Run time: 19 minutes
A backpack-style blower with excellent battery life and performance, Greenworks BPB80L2510 gets high marks. It was one of the best backpack blowers for battery life and performance. This backpack blower packs the strongest punch of any backpack blower we tested.
This machine maintains high air volume during its 19-minute run time, thanks to a lithium-ion battery delivering 80 volts. In contrast to other backpack models, the blower tube of this one pivots upward. We evaluated many blowers, but this unit was the most expensive.
- Quietly powerful
- Compact and comfortable.
- Easily adjustable speed.
3. EGO Power+ LB6504 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 134 mph / 650 cfm
- Weight: 11.25 lbs
- Battery: 56V / 5.0 Ah
- Run time: 16 minutes, 56 seconds
This EGO Power+ LB6504 offers top performance at a reasonable price. With the LB6504, you can adjust speed and use the turbo button to blast through stubborn spots.
We found that EGO Power+ sold shoulder straps that were affordable and easily attached to our Champion, our heaviest handheld blower.
This EGO Power+ unit offers the highest level of battery-powered performance. There are even some gas-powered models that can match its maximum power of 650 CFM.
- Powerful blower for most jobs.
- Turbo and speed dial are versatile.
- Durable battery
- The kit includes additional nozzles.
- Heavier than most handhelds
4. Greenworks BL80L2510 80V Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 127 mph / 580 cfm
- Weight: 8.8 lbs
- Battery: 80V / 2.5 Ah
- Run time: 13 minutes, 20 seconds
Handheld Greenworks BL80L2510 provides high-velocity airflow and speed. This product offers many features at an affordable price. In addition to its strong performance, moderate runtime, variable speeds, and turbo setting, it has a wide range of appeal.
The device weighs less than 9 pounds, despite its power. With this battery-operated leaf blower, you can clean up most small to medium-sized yards with ease.
- Increasing maneuverability by reducing weight.
- Precision is enhanced by tapered nozzles.
- Other Greenworks 80V batteries are compatible.
- Runs faster than comparable blowers.
- Blower with less power.
5. DeWALT DCBL772X1 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 105 mph / 600 cfm
- Weight: 9.6 lbs
- Battery: 60V / 3.0 Ah
- Run time: 12 minutes, 30 seconds
This DeWALT DCBL772X1 blower is our most versatile. Bonus points: It’s durable and maneuverable. DeWALT’s DCBL772X1 offers a lot of contrasts, but it is a good choice for most yard cleanup jobs.
This DeWALT model might not have the airspeed that will blow you away, but its shape makes it easy to maneuver. In spite of its small size, it is durable enough to transport and use in a wide range of environments.
- Design with durability and maneuverability
- Shorter run time
6. EGO Power+ LB6002 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 118 mph / 600 cfm
- Weight: 19.3 lbs.
- Battery: 56V / 5.0 Ah
- Run time: 12 minutes
A battery-powered leaf blower with style, comfort, and durability from Ego Power+. This blower may be heavy, but its easy-to-adjust straps and futuristic design make it stand out from the rest. In addition to its high price and limited battery life, the LB6002 has a few drawbacks.
- Performance of high quality
- Stylish backpack straps
- Storage with a flat bottom
- Is expensive
- Low battery life
- Range of motion is limited
7. Greenworks BPB80L2510 80V Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 180 mph / 500 cfm
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Battery: 80V / 2.0 Ah
- Run time: 18 minutes
Greenworks BPB80L2510 80V is quiet and comes with a rapid charger. A smaller or medium-sized yard would benefit from it. A leaf blower like the 80V Greenworks BPB80L2510 is the perfect tool for small to medium-sized yards(1 acre).
In spite of its limited power and battery life, the Greenworks BPB80L2510 can handle any yard cleaning task. The battery life is also improved by the rapid charger and it’s extremely quiet.
- Variable speed
- Includes a rapid charger
- Only 60 decibels of noise
- Comparatively powerless
8. Greenworks 40V Leaf Blower Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 185 mph / 340 cfm
- Weight: 5.6 lbs.
- Battery: 40V / 4.0 Ah
- Run time: 21 minutes
The Greenworks leaf blower and vacuum hybrid have a lot of good features. As a blower, it performs well, and it easily switches to a leaf vacuum and mulcher with its included attachments.
Additionally, it has six speeds, including a turbo setting, and the second-longest run time. A little more than six pounds makes it even lighter. As a result of the leaf vacuum aspect, this model is more expensive than other blowers.
- It is light and powerful at the same time
- Variable speed settings
- Easily switches to a leaf vacuum
- An expensive alternative to more powerful blowers.
9. Makita XBU02 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 138 mph / 473 cfm
- Weight: 9.2 lbs.
- Battery: 36V / 5.0 Ah
- Run time: 11 minutes, 16 seconds
The Makita XBU02 has a precise air stream that makes it easy to handle tight corners and small yards. The Makita battery-powered leaf blower is well-balanced and compact, making it ideal for smaller yards.
The machine produces a focused and precise air stream, but it is not suitable for large yards or dense leaf piles. The Makita XBU02 has decent performance, but a mediocre runtime and a steep price tag make it less than perfect.
- Dial for varying speed
- Designed with balance
- Powerless to handle large tasks
- Comparatively, it is expensive
10. Oregon BL 300 Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower
- Power: 121 mph / 507 cfm
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Battery: 40V / 4.0 Ah
- Run time: 7 minutes, 22 seconds
The Oregon BL 300 is a compact leaf blower that is very maneuverable due to its simple design. Our ranking indicates that it performs middle-of-the-road in each category. There are variable speeds and turbo buttons on this Oregon battery-powered leaf blower. In contrast, its relatively short run time does not make it suitable for larger yards.
- Easily maneuverable design
- Easy to maneuver design boost button
- Short battery run time
In addition to our list of the best battery-powered leaf blowers, it is up to you to decide which one is right for you and your yard. The type of leaf blower you choose should be tailored to your specific needs, as not all are the same.
Your yard’s size is also important. Having a large multi-acre lot with many large trees? As a result, you may not need to consider smaller blowers or shorter-running blowers.
Are you living in a townhouse or on a lot with tight corners? It might be a good idea to give more consideration to weight and maneuverability. Battery-powered leaf blowers were ranked according to performance, cost, and battery life.
The cost of a leaf blower is much higher than that of a rake. A quality product should be available at a reasonable price, without going broke in the process. Your blower should provide you with a lot of benefits for its price. The overall rankings ranked the products from least to most expensive, with price ranking second.
A leaf blower’s use varies based on what you’ll be doing in the yard.
- Is it common to see wet leaves in rainy areas?
- Is your blower capable of moving snow as well?
- Do you use your blower to clear pine needles or grass clippings?
- Is it just a matter of clearing a garage or workshop floor?
Your answers to the matter of clearing a garage floor-powered leaf blower.
A battery-powered leaf blower will not last as long as a gas-powered or corded blower. The battery-powered cordless leaf blower offers untethered freedom and ease of use.
It makes no sense to have a battery that can’t finish the task before it dies. Battery life ranked from longest to shortest, and it was given the third most weight.
It is the function of leaf blowers to move leaves. It is best to determine the performance of a leaf blower by its power (not by lining them all up and using them).
There are two measurements: miles per hour (mph) and cubic feet per minute (cfm). In order to rank the blowers according to their performance, we combined and indexed each blower’s numbers.
Best Battery-Powered Backpack Leaf Blower Reviews
- Best cordless leaf blower vacuum
- Best cordless electric leaf blower
- Most powerful electric leaf blower
- Best cordless leaf blower under $200
- Best cordless leaf blower under $100
- Most powerful gas leaf blower
- Best handheld gas leaf blower
- Best lithium-ion cordless leaf blower
- Best battery-powered backpack leaf blower
- Best commercial backpack leaf blower
1. Are electric blowers any good?
Yes. Additionally, they tend to be much quieter, easier to start and use, and tend to be a lot lighter than gas-powered models. In addition, electric cars are much more environmentally friendly than gas-powered ones.
2. Who makes some of the best leaf blowers?
In addition to the battery-powered models we’ve included in our top 10, Stihl and Toro also manufacture leaf blowers. An individual may prefer leaf blowers from a particular brand if they are fans of that brand. Additionally, different tools from a manufacturer often use the same battery.
3. What is the most powerful leaf blower?
A leaf blower designed for personal use can produce around 700cfm of airflow. The cam on a professional blower will be above 700, and typically between 900 and 1,000. The gas-powered lawn blower is more powerful, but it is primarily used by professionals.
4. Is a battery- or gas-powered leaf blower better?
It is important to consider the size of your yard, its intended use, and what is most important to you when buying a leaf blower. In large yards, wet leaves, snow, and debris that is difficult to remove, a gas-powered model is more efficient.
Additionally, they typically last longer on a single fill-up than electric models. In contrast, gas-powered blowers are bulky, require more maintenance, and can be hard to start. It’s quieter, easier to use, and emits no harmful gases when powered by electricity. If you’re working on a small yard or a light task, they’re a lot more efficient.
The trend toward Eco-friendly lawn tools has resulted in the popularity of battery-powered leaf blowers. Therefore, there are many options available for a variety of uses.
You have a variety of choices when it comes to choosing a battery-powered leaf blower that suits your needs. Our list ranks the top 10 leaf blowers according to performance, cost, and battery life, to help you choose the best.